Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Four Hour Body....Body Hack by Savesthesilence

I am in the process of trying a new diet. This diet is named the "Slow Carb Diet" from the book "4 Hour Body" By Tim Ferriss. I figured the best way for me to keep on track is to blog about it. There are a few basics in this diet.

1) No white carbs...I am basically ruling out all bread for this one.

2) Eat the same few meals over and over again. The diet should consist of Proteins, Legumes (Beans), and Vegetables.

3) Don't Drink your calories. No beer...FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU. I need to stick to Coffee (I drink it black anyways), Tea (Unsweetened), and Water (LOTS OF WATER!!).

4)No Fruit. There is some technical data that Tim comes up with. I didn't understand most of it. I am his subject and I will abide by his rules!

5) I call this "My Favorite Rule". Eat like a maniac for one day. Yup, you heard it here. Eat and drink anything you want once a week. I chose Saturday as my "Soon to be in a food coma" day.

Now there is much much more to this diet. I highly suggest you pick up the book. There are plenty of other "body hacks" in there like how to hold your breath for 5 minutes. But enough of the back story here were my meals for Monday.


BREAKFAST:
I didn't have much for breakfast. Tim says that you need to eat within the first hour of waking up. Preferably within 30 minutes. He also suggest that you have 30 grams of protein. My solution is this shake for breakfast with a hardboiled egg.


LUNCH:
I made my lunch the night before. This consisted of Spinach, Steak, Hard Boiled Egg, Kidney Beans, and Oil/Vinaigrette Dressing.

DINNER:
My dinner consisted of Chicken Breast, Peas, Salsa, and Lentils. 














So far, the food I have been eating tasted great. The shake is a little thick but the taste is tolerable. Now, some of you may be asking why is this in a tech blog. The answer would be because I am compiling some technical data for you guys/gals to take a look at. I am documenting weight and measurements. I hope you enjoy and post any questions in the comments. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment